Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May Book Review {2017}

Sorry, friends! I've been kind of MIA for a bit. I promise to catch everyone up on all things Leslie this week! There are some VERY exciting things happening over here! I can't wait to catch everyone up!


I couldn't miss a month of book reviews, so here I am. I have some great books to report this month and I hope that you can add them to your lists too. 

If you missed my other books review of 2017, you can find them here:





The first book of the month was a home run.


Cancel the wedding is already at the top of my list for best books that I've read this year. Holy cow, you guys.  Not only does Cancel the Wedding take place in the good ol' state of Georgia, but the romance in this book is heart warming. I couldn't put this one down! 

Cancel the Wedding is about Olivia, who is responsible to spread her mom's ashes in Huntley, Georgia. She and her sister know nothing about their mother's past, and go on a mission to find out all the secrets to her life. Along the way she meets Elliot, who makes life far more complicated than it had been before.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars! 



Dark Matter was one. interesting. book. While I don't usually enjoy super sci-fi books, this one I thoroughly enjoyed! It takes a little bit to get used to the science terminology and concepts, but once you do...it's really good!

I give this one 4.5 out of 5 stars!



Sharp Objects was recommended by a friend who knows that I like mystery books. It's written by the same author as Gone Girl, and in my opinion, just as good. Just when you think you have this book all figured out, it surprises you once more.

Sharp Objects is about Camille Preaker, a reporter sent to her hometown to discover the secrets about why young teenage girls are getting murdered. Between her neurotic mother and her crazy young sister, she finds it very difficult to balance her personal life with her career. She finds answers in places that she probably doesn't want to find.

I give this one a 4 out of 5 stars.



The Couple Next Door was one that I've had my eye on for a while! A friend read it before me and said that I needed to pick it up ASAP.

This book was a super easy read, as I got through it in about 2 days. It kept me engaged the entire time and I never wanted to put it down. The mystery keeps you guessing until the very last sentence. Literally.

Anne and Marco Conti seem to have it all. They have a beautiful family and home. One night, their invited over to a dinner party next door with some friends. While over at the dinner party, a terrible crime is committed leaving the Conti's feeling very guilty. The even bigger problem is that the rest of the town sees them as guilty as well. Will the detectives find out who committed the crime?


I have LOTS to catch all of you up on! There have been wedding plans set and I cannot wait to share them all with you soon! 

XO,
Leslie


2 comments:

  1. Cancel the Wedding sounds so good - I keep waiting for my library to get it, but I may just have to go buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely buy it!!! You'll be so happy that you did!

      Delete