Tuesday, May 9, 2017

HUGE News

Happy Tuesday!

I meant to write this post yesterday, but I was sliiiightly distracted, because...

on Sunday, we got ENGAGED!


Y'all. I did not see this coming AT ALL. I always thought that after being together for so long,  that I would see it coming a mile away. Nope. Ryan planned it in a way that wasn't on my radar at all.

On Sunday he requested that we hike the mountain that's near our home. We do this every now and then, so it wasn't a strange request. We grabbed sandwiches and headed to the mountain for a hike on a BEAUTIFUL day. 

Once we got to the top of our hike, we chatted a bit and played around with the dog. After a while, he  asked if we should head back and I agreed. On the way down, there was a bench off to the side over looking our entire town. We sat for a rest and then Ryan asked if I could take a picture of him with Romeo (our dog) with the view in the background. Of course I wanted to because I had been snapping pictures of the dog all day.


After acting slightly awkward for a few minutes (I guess there were people passing by), Ryan got down on one knee and asked if I would spend the rest of my life with him. With tears pouring down my face, I said yes!

It was such an emotional, beautiful and perfect moment that I'll cherish forever. 



A passerby asked if he could take a picture for us. 


My beautiful ring


I'm on cloud 9 this week. I'm just floating through life in the best way possible.

I feel like I can't even have a complete thought at this point because I'm just so happy. 

Just a little happiness for your Tuesday! 

XO,
Leslie




13 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Congratulations! Savor this time, its chaotic but incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Such a beautiful ring and a sweet, sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I love the way he asked you. So sweet. And that ring! Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! The ring is beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! The ring is beautiful! Can't wait to read all about the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! What a sweet story! Happy planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Congratulations.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Such a fun experience and gorgeous ring! Enjoy this exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! :)

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete