Thursday, March 30, 2017

March Book Review {2017}

Happy Thursday, everyone! Since tomorrow is Friday Favorites, I thought I would share my books from March! 

I've kept the ball rolling with having read another 5 books this month! I'm so happy that I'm still carrying out this goal according to plan!


So true, friends. So true.

Let's get started, shall we?



The first book that I read this month was one that I've heard mixed reviews about. I love Laine Moriarty, but have heard that this book falls short of expectation. The back is quite deceiving actually. The back gives all kinds of author praise, leading you to believe that this book is highly rated, when in fact, the praise is actually for her most popular book.  Truly, Madly, Guilty wasn't a bad book, it just was a big disappointment in comparison to her others. I felt almost annoyed that I couldn't through the book quick enough to find out what happened at the barbecue.

Truly, Madly, Guilty is about two couples who attend a neighbor's barbecue only to have an unspeakable tragedy happen there. The entire book recounts the days leading up to the main event, and what happened "at the  barbecue."

I give this book a 3.5 out of 5



A book that I was very excited about this month was Behind Closed Doors. I must be into thriller books lately, because I can't get enough of them. Although I don't know anyone personally who has read this book, I really enjoyed it and would happily recommend it to others!

Behind Closed Doors is about a seemingly perfect husband and wife. All of their friends envy their strong, model of a household. Not only is the flawless front that Jack has put on for everyone, not  reality, but the truth is downright terrifying! 

I give this book a 4 out of 5


The Lucky Few was just as good as I had anticipated. I have been following the Avis family since college, and have watched their beautiful family grow from three, to four, and then five. Their infertility and adoption story is so inspirational, even for those not currently in the same situation. Their positivity and courage is incredible and those three babies are so lucky to have parents like Heather and Josh.

I give this book a 4.5 out of 5


I couldn't be more excited to read the final book of Elin Hildebrand's trilogy! I read the first in January, second in February and then the third this month! I'm not sure what it is about these books, but I literally breeze through them in a matter of hours! They're SO good! The weather here in GA has been amazing, but we had a random cold snap a few weeks ago. I'm convinced it's because I was totally channeling Nantucket in the winter time. :)

What do health scares, prison release, relationship drama, weddings and missing soldiers have in common? They're all members of the Quinn family trying to come together for yet another Christmas season. Will they get the news that they've been waiting for, for three years? Will Ava finally choose someone to love? All of those questions are answered in Winter Storms!

I give this book a 4 out of 5

My last book of the month was a bit of a motivator in all areas of life!


Life so easily gets us down, and sometimes you just need a little push back onto the path of positive thinking. Jen Sincero's writing in this book makes you feel like you have a girlfriend opening the shades, pulling you out of bed and slapping those excuses right out of you. She offers so many great points about how we come to be who we are, and how if you don't like who you've become (or have small parts that need tweaking), she shows you how to get past those things to move forward. This book was a great motivator and puts you back in the drivers seat in your life.

I give this book a 4 out of 5

Those are my five books this month! I'm ready for a new month to bring some more great books. I already have one picked out for the plane this Sunday, but other than that, I need suggestions for others! Any other good books that you've read lately?


If you missed by previous book reviews, and need some ideas for yourself:



XO,
Leslie







2 comments:

  1. My mom just read Truly, Madly, Guilty and said the same thing. Bummer that it wasn't that great. I recently discovered Heather Avis on instagram and I've loved following her! I want to check out her book for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I am an Avid Reader and I'll always looking for something new to read. You had several on your list that I have not heard of and I will definitely check some of them out.

    ReplyDelete