Thursday, March 9, 2017

Fitbit Charge 2

Happy Thursday, friends!

Today I wanted to give you an update for an item that I posted on Friday Favorites a few weeks ago! 


Last week I purchased the Fitbit Charge 2. The colors typically come in teal, navy, black and plum, but I was dying for this limited edition rose gold/lavender version! I was kind of torn whether or not I should buy another fitness tracker, but ended up splurging because I'm very much a person driven by success. When I see those steps racking up, it motivates me to keep going. 

What it Can Do

Track steps
Track stairs climbed
Miles walked throughout the day
Calories burned
Active minutes
Heart rate 
Various settings for workouts, and ability to log them
Tracks sleep patterns
Silent alarm
Reminders to keep moving throughout the day
Stopwatch
Alert you of text messages and phone calls


My thoughts

This Fitbit has it all! Although I love Apple products, I knew I didn't want all the crazy bells and whistles of an Apple Watch. I wanted my fitness tracker to be able to do all the things that this Charge 2 can do.

A week later and I'm so glad that I bought this. This is not my first tracker, but it is my first Fitbit. I'll be honest though. I bought one on a Friday, and was super disappointed when I woke up the next morning with 13,000 steps FROM MY SLEEP. Throughout the day, it continued to be unbelievably inaccurate. I decided to give this tracker another chance by exchanging it, and seeing if I was having the same issues.

The second one was MUCH better and I feel that it is extremely accurate for my steps throughout the day. I also tested my heart rate with this tracker, compared with my treadmill heart rate monitor, and both were consistent. The Fitbit app is awesome as well, giving you lots of important information about your activity and overall heath. 

Something that I've yet to experience is to change out the bands on the Charge 2. The bands are removable and replacements are sold in stores and online. I have my eye on this guy right here.


I love a good leather watch. This is perfect to dress up your Fitbit and still track all of your steps.

The Fitbit app is also comparable with many other fitness apps that you may already use which is great. I use My Fitness Pal to log all of my meals and track how much I'm eating, which syncs right up with the Fitbit app. 

If you're looking for a new fitness tracker and want something a little less fancy than an Apple Watch, this is definitely the one to get! I'm obsessed with it.

That's all for today, folks! Be sure to head back here tomorrow for some Friday Favorites! 

XO,
Leslie 


1 comment:

  1. I keep going back and forth on getting a tracker - I haven't seen this style before and really like it!

    ReplyDelete