Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bachelor Viewing Party + Detox Part 1

Thursday is here already. How is it that a normal work week goes by so slowly but during a vacation it flies by?

I am using every minute of this week off to catch up on my shows, books, and much needed house duties! I feel very fortunate to have this time off because not all counties in GA have this break. 

Before the break, my other firstie teammates and I decided to have a fun Bachelor Viewing get together! I hosted it at my house since it's kind of in between everyone else! Here's a look into the fun!

Menu

Jalapeno Popper Dip
"Crack" Dip
White Chocolate Popcorn
Hummus
7 Layer Mexican Dip
Cupcakes
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Oreo Truffles
Cheese tray
Brushetta 










Needless to say, the food choices were phenomenal! I wish we had remembered to get a picture of everyone together! Boo. 

We all had a great time watching Nick during his hometown dates and feel very unsure about who will go home next (Hopefully Rachel considering she's already announced as the next Bachelorette). Also, if there are any more "to be continued" episodes, I might scream. 

On another note, I've been doing a fairly good job eating better and being more active per my New Year's Resolutions. I've been looking into cleanses that flush out any bad toxins in my body and found one that's local to Atlanta. I decided to give it a go.


If you've never heard of a detox, this is what Arden's Garden says about it.

"Fresh juice is gentle and healing. Juice is a live food carrying vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and enzymes to the body quickly and efficiently. You need enzymes for cleansing and rebuilding, and you need antioxidants to fight aging and dangerous free radicals. You also need liquids to continuously flush the system and carry away toxins. As far as your digestive system is concerned, raw juice is almost invisible since it requires virtually no digestion. Nutrients are absorbed and utilized with minimal work, giving your system a chance to rest without suffering deprivation."

I think that it's a whole lot of jargon to say you're "rebooting" your body. 

This 2 Day Detox requires you to drink one gallon of juice per day, with no food at all. You may drink as much water as you would like. I jotted down my thoughts yesterday, so I'm going to share what it was like.

Day 1

9:30 - I'm feeling optimistic! My verdict after the first taste was that the juice is very bitter and the grapefruit flavor is strong. It's not terrible. Before finishing my first 24 oz glass, I was having thoughts of what I was going to have for lunch....oh wait. :(

12:30 - Every time I walk to the fridge to refill my glass, I have to look at all the delicious leftovers from Bachelor night. My stomach is growling and feeling very empty at this point.

2:30 - Ended up falling asleep while reading a book and took a two hour nap. 

4:30 I woke up with a big headache, but it went away quickly after drinking more juice. 

6:30 - The hunger pain has gone away. It seems like this gallon jug is never ending. Dreading drinking what I have left, which is way more than I thought.

8:30 - Still okay as far as hunger is concerned. All day long I dreamt of food and how badly I wanted whatever came to mind. Now, the thought of food makes me cringe.

11:30 -  FINALLY finished the last drop! I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to finish, but I powered through and made it!

Toughest part about day one? Not the fact that I missed out on actual food all day long, but forcing myself to down that much liquid. My body isn't used to that at all. 

Tomorrow along with Friday Favorites, I'll give you the update about how day two goes! From what I've heard, day two is much easier than day one, so there's that! I'll also give you my opinion about the detox as a whole and how I feel after the whole process.

See you all tomorrow! 

XO,
Leslie


5 comments:

  1. Your Bachelor viewing party looked too cute! Good luck with the detox! I've tried to talk myself into trying one and never have. I'm interested to see how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party looks fab and I am SO intrigued about this detox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch the Bachelor, but your party looked super fun! I don't think teacher bodies were meant to handle that much to drink! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! You have to plan those bathroom breaks strategically! :)

      Delete
  4. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now. AS Detox

    ReplyDelete