Monday, January 2, 2017

New year, New Goals

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had so much fun this weekend while ringing in the new year. I was so happy to have people over to our house, and spend the time in the comfort of our home.

This is what I wore on New Year's Eve. So comfy, yet effortlessly cute.




I can't tell you how pumped I am for this coming year. I have a feeling that it's going to be a great one for many reasons!

In thinking about my resolution for 2017, I wanted something that wasn't cliche and something I felt I could really succeed at.

I'm very happy with what I came up with! In 2017 I am going to:

DO BETTER

It's not revolutionary, it's not life changing, it's just achieveable.



Meal planning- I am terrible at planning meals and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I stop by the grocery store no less than 5 times each week. I know that I'm spending way too much money each time, and I'm not planning lunches or dinners well at all. I want to do better at planning meals each week, and being efficient at the grocery store.

Being Active- This one is pretty self-explanatory. I'm not setting a goal about working out ____ times each week, or setting weight loss goals because it sets me up to fail. I want to be more active in general in 2017. Little things can add up to a healthier lifestyle and I plan to do just that. I also plan on getting back into the gym more, just not giving myself an exact expectation. 

Blogging- I love all of you fellow bloggers so much! You are all so encouraging and sweet. In 2017, I want to maximize my blogging potential. If anyone has suggestions for things that you would want to see in this coming year, please comment and let me know! 

Saving money- This is a big one. I need to add to my savings. The holidays are behind us, so my bank account needs to recover accordingly!

Reading more- I definitely read more than the average person, especially someone working a full-time job AND being in grad school. Books bring me to the most amazing place, and I want to read even more than I already do. I'm going to be doing more regular book reviews to share the great books that I read.

That's it, you guys! I'm going to be doing better this year in 2017. What are your new year goals?

XO,
Leslie

4 comments:

  1. I really like your little slogan-do better! Wishing you much success in all of the categories that you'd like to improve. I can say that I'm right there with you on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I am not the biggest fan of working out but managed to get in pretty good shape this last year. I'm starting a Tuesday series with some of my favorite workouts if you want some ideas for days when you're too tired to make it to the gym. Have a good 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these goals. I set some for myself but they aren't strict. Like I must work out so many times a week. I just want to make healthier choices. And I totally need to cook more. We eat out way too much. I need to plan ahead! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great goals. I really like the active one - sometimes you just need to get up and go, even if its not necessarily going to the gym or doing a work out!

    ReplyDelete