Thursday, January 5, 2017

Leslie's Favorite Things 2016

In reflecting on 2016, there was a LOT that I was introduced to, that I thought I could share with you all! It's like Oprah's favorite things, but you're not all getting cars or cashmere sweaters. Sorry, guys!



ONE
Capri Blue candles have rocked my world this year. I don't even know how my house smelled half way decent without this candle. The Volcano scent is my FAVORITE, but they're all wonderful. Seriously, the scent lingers for such a long time even after it has been blown out. You need one now.

Find it here


TWO


Sole Society's Clifton bag is making the list this year! If you want an easy tote that holds everything, this is the tote for you! It's made of soft leather and looks much for expensive than it is! Love this bag and the other Sole Society ones that I own as well! They're the best.

Find it here


THREE



I have all the heart eyes for my Macbook Air. I've always been a Mac kinda gal, but when I upgraded my old Macbook to the new Air, my life became so much better. My old one lasted me like 7 years, which is super impressive! For those of you who are questioning on making the purchase, you should definitely try them out. I'll never go back to a PC. This bad boy is so fast.

Find it here


FOUR


One of my favorite things from 2016 has been my Stitch Fix subscription. The feeling of coming home with a box full of clothes, shoes, and accessories on your doorstep gives me all the feels. You can count on this subscription to send you clothes that you know you won't find on anyone else. It's super easy to sign up- no commitments and awesome goodies!

Sign up here


FIVE


I realize this one favorite is not for everyone. This party card game is very similar to the children's game Apples to Apples, except these cards are much more crude and offensive. This game cracks me up and is one my favorites, but if you're easily offended, please don't even consider buying it. 

Basically one person reads a black card and the other players have to look at their own hand of cards to see which response goes best with the black card. The person who drew the black card picks the best/funniest response and they win that card. The person with the most black cards at the end, wins.  Super easy concept and will keep you entertained for hours. Definitely a favorite in 2016!

Find it here


SIX


Swell bottles have changed the drinking water game for me. I used to be terrible about drinking water  until I received this bottle as a gift for my birthday. Swell bottles keep warm things warm for 12+ hours and cold things for 24 hours (seriously)! I've done much better drinking more water since having this bottle, so it's a winner in my book!

Last time I checked, my pattern was sold out, but Nordstrom has some great ones both online and in-store. I'm loving this one.

SEVEN

 

I'm not claiming that these books are the best I've ever read, but these are just two examples of books I read in 2016 that have captured my undivided attention. If you've never read one or both of these books, you need to walk run to the nearest store to buy them. VERY, VERY good reads. These are just two of my favorite books from this past year. 

Okay folks, that's it! When reflecting on products/things that stand out from 2016, those are the things that come to mind. I personally have and LOVE each of these items.

What couldn't you live without in 2016? See you all tomorrow for Friday Favorites!

XO,
Leslie


7 comments:

  1. I love anybody's favorite things post, especiallly Oprah! Those Capri Blue candles are the best! I love when Anthropologie has a sale on them and I stock up! Also, I've seen a lot of posts about Stitch Fix, and I'm getting really interested in the craze!! Do you seem to always buy something from your box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those candles go on sale!?!? If I saw that, I would probably buy ten! Great question about Stitch Fix! I typically find at least one thing in the box that I keep, sometimes it's more. My mom just got hers this month and kept everything! Hope that helps!! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes! The next time I catch them on sale, I will let you know!! You can never have too many! :)

      Delete
  2. That Tote is beautiful! I love it! I will have to add those books to my list! And the candles too. I have done Stitch Fix before but it's been awhile. I need to get back to it. Love your favs from 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Elin Hildebrand books are great! Beautiful Day and The Matchmaker are two favs.

      Delete
  3. I have yet to play Cards Against Humanity- need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cards Against Humanity is one of my favorite games!

    ReplyDelete