Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Hobo Dinner

We've made it to the middle of the week! 

Today, I'm sharing a dinner that I have on rotation in our house. It's so simple and so easy to clean up, it's a no-brainer.

Hobo Dinner


Can't you tell that I love Publix? 

What you'll need:
2 large red potatoes
Baby carrots
Seasoned meatballs (I buy the already seasoned ones from Publix but you could easily do this yourself)
Mini Corn on the Cob 
Weber Gormet Burger Seasoning
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Onion Powder
Aluminum foil


*This recipe is large enough for 4 "hobo bags" or 4 people.*

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

Tear off about 12 inches of aluminum foil. You'll be putting the ingredients on the non-shiny side.

Pour 2 Tbps of olive oil onto the aluminum foil

Sprinkle 1/2 Tbps of gourmet burger seasoning into the olive oil

Place three seasoned meatballs into the olive oil, along with a handful of baby carrots and mini corn on the cob

Peel potato, cut into chunks, and put about 5 chunks into the mixture

Sprinkle garlic salt, onion powder and a little more burger seasoning over the entire mixture

Lift the sides of the aluminum foil over all of the ingredients


Repeat steps for each person.

Cook in oven for 45 minutes  or until meatballs are cooked thoroughly

Remove from oven and place entire hobo bag on plate and serve! 

That's it!! Once you're finished, you simply throw the bag away and you're left with no mess. This is always such a big hit with the guys! You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for joining me today!

XO,
Leslie




2 comments:

  1. Hi ! So I went to a camp called Camp Foster in Okoboji, IA growing up and that is where we were introduced to this! My parents make it in the summer- but I will just have to make it now! Ours is a little bit different - we just use ground beef and seasoning, and then they use frozen vegetables, I dont really like a ton of cooked vegetables so I just use potatoes and then we put cheese on top! I'm going out of town for a week - but I will just have to make it when I get back! THANKS for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to do hobo meals sometimes growing up and it's always such a fun little twist on dinner.

    ReplyDelete