Tuesday, January 24, 2017

10 Things on Tuesday: Random Tidbits about Leslie

Good Morning friends! When my alarm went off this morning, I thought it was Sunday. Don't you hate when that happens?!

Instead of discussing the normal Show and Tell topic, Ill be sharing a little bit more about myself. I hope that's okay with you!

Here are 10 random tidbits about me!



I'm a teacher of little first graders! I've never wanted to pull my hair out one minute, and want to hug all over those kiddos the next. 

I feel like I'm the "Jack of all trades" when it comes to hobbies. I like to try out lots of different things, and I just happen to like doing all of them!


I'm selectively OCD about my organization/the way that I do things.  For example, my bed MUST be made before I get in it at night. If the bed is unmade in the evening, I'll make it before I get in it. Another thing I can't handle is having random things on the kitchen counters. Some things just bother me way more than others.

I love clothes, but I hate shopping for them. Even more than that, I loathe trying them on. I would 100% of the time rather have a recommendation or find something online and buy it there. I can't be the only one!

Reading a book in the bathtub with either a beer or glass of wine is the best. I could easily crank out half of a book doing that!

I have two irrational fears. The first is my fear of snakes. You might be thinking, "snakes are awful, I hate them too." Nope. I am constantly wondering or thinking that a snake is nearby. I can't walk in the grass in the dark, and when it is daytime, I am overly cautious. I also check under the covers before bed, and in the toilet. I don't know what gave me this giant fear, but it's awful! The second one is that mask from the Scream movie. I must have seen that movie too young and it has forever made me very uncomfortable. Halloween is hard, y'all. LOL.

I'm the most excitable person you'll ever meet. When going on a trip or doing something especially fun, I get so excited that I'm nearly jumping around like a child. I've always been that way. I consider it one of my more endearing qualities. :)

I'm definitely a night owl. The morning and I are not friends. You would think that after teaching for several years, I'd be used to waking up super early. It'll never be something that I get used to. #wheresthecoffee

I live for food. When it comes to food, I don't discriminate. I love it all! This mug is perfect and I need it pronto.



I use checklists for everything! Christmas ideas, cleaning, books to read or school work to get done, all require lists! The happiness of crossing something off of it is so freeing! 

There you have it! That's 10 random tidbits of info that you probably didn't know about me.

See you all tomorrow! I'll be sharing a recipe that you'll want to add to your rotation ASAP!

XO,
Leslie








9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You sound just like my college aged daughter about trying on clothes and shopping. She hates it and sometimes I just really wonder if she has any of my DNA? HAHAHA. Not to worry, she's enough like me in other ways that I know she does. I do love shopping online though and then trying on at home.👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think I also enjoy quick little visits to the store, rather than one long trip. The thought of repeatedly changing in and out of my clothes is awful!

      Delete
  2. That mug is too funny! I am definitely the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cluttered kitchen counters, and I just love checklists! Crossing things off might be better than actually getting them done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these and cute blog!!! I am right there with you when it comes to different hobbies, I am all over the place with them too....there's just too much fun stuff to try to stick to one!?! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!! Exactly! Why can't I dabble in everything?!

      Delete
  5. Must be a teacher thing- checklists make my life so much better! I may have written something on the list that I've already done so I can check it off! And yes to the selective OCD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I've done that so many times! Write it down just to check it off!

      Delete