Thursday, December 1, 2016

Countdown to Christmas: Random Acts of Kindness

I'm over the moon today because it's 

*December 1st*

Today is a great day for three reasons. The most obvious is that Christmas is in just 25 short days.  YAY! The next is that our Elf on the Shelf is making his debut in my classroom today. I cannot wait for the kids to see him! He's starting off strong by having had decorated our classroom with string lights last night. I'll be posting a picture on Instagram later today, so if you'd like to see, make sure to follow me. :)

The other thing I love about today is that it's overflowing with happiness, as I get to start something very special.

Two years ago I decided that I wanted to spread positive vibes and holiday cheer by creating a Countdown to Christmas: Random Acts of Kindness Calendar. I executed it exactly as planned and loved so much that I decided to make it a tradition. This will be my third year and I've realized that while I want to spread holiday cheer to others, the amount of happiness that it gives me is immeasurable. 

It's so easy to get caught up in the bad and ugly in the world, that I want to encourage others to remember the good too. Please join me!!




These Random Acts of Kindness do not have to cost you anything. I chose a variety of things, but tailor yours to fit your needs/wants!  

I'm so excited to be starting this today! Something so small can have such a huge impact on someone's day.

Love you all,
Leslie


9 comments:

  1. I read your comment under Erika slaughter's blog and had to come read your random acts! Thanks so much for a little inspiration on this Thursday morning! I was already feeling some holiday season stress today and I feel like this was a little gift of redirection! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! Have THE BEST day!

      Delete
  2. I read your comment on Shay's page and I love the RAK idea. I'm starting today and going to have my students come up with ideas we can do on our 15 days of school before break. I picked one for today to start the discussion with them... Compliment someone. Thanks for the idea for a meaningful lesson that I hope leaves a lasting impression on my students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea to incorporate these into the classroom!

      Delete
  3. Love this girl!! So many great ideas - that are so meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kristi!! It's always such a fun tradition! :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this! I hung up a Random Acts of Kindness calendar in my classroom this morning but I may have to replace it with some of yours. Today we did write a nice note in a library book! šŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving a nice note in a library book is SUCH a good idea! Imagine how nice something like that would be to find!

      Delete
  5. This is a BEAUTIFUL idea!!! I'm totally going to use it :) haha! What a fantastic way to think about others this season!

    xox,

    Naomi
    www.wonderfullyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete