Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 in Review

It was so much fun to look back on all my photos from 2016! I realized that a lot more happened this year, than I thought!

2017 has a lot to live up to!

January 

In January, I took my favorite kiddos to The Amazing Escape Room! It was so much fun, even though we didn't quite make it out!



February

After 6 years together, we wanted to do something different from the normal Valentine's date. We've gone to our fair share of fancy dinners, so we wanted something more fun this year. Medieval Times lived up to the hype! From the time you walk in, you feel like you've been thrust back into Medieval Times. The food is amazing and the show was completely entertaining. I would 100% go back again!


Coat similar / Shoes / Jeans

March

Okay, so this one is a little embarrassing, but I should post it as inspiration for myself in the new year. My 2016 resolution was to get back in to the gym and eat healthier. I actually stuck with it until the summertime. I was getting back into running, but the summer heat kicked my butt and it kind of fizzled out. This will be my inspiration for 2017!


From left to right: January/ February/ March


April

The perks of being a teacher are all the breaks! These two tired out teachers decided to get away to California for spring break! I had never visited the West Coast before, and I was blown away. There's no comparison between the East Coast and the West Coast. Sign me up for that California life.




How cute is our hotel? The Hotel California was perfect for our trip and I would totally recommend it!

May

Wow! In looking back at my old pictures, I realized May was a big month!

I was seriously adulting in May with getting a car 100% on my own. My previous vehicles were either technically owned by my parents, or were co-signed. This was a big one!


My little (yes, little) brother got married in the most precious backyard wedding! Congrats Cody and Shelby!


 I had all the heart eyes for my handsome date.


Oh, and the bestie and I hung out with James Taylor from the Bachelorette. He's just as sweet as he seemed on the show.


June

In June, Ryan and I took an amazing European vacation for 2 weeks! London and Paris are amazing cities and you MUST visit them in your lifetime!





For a full length video of our trip, click here: 


July

July began with a kitchen remodel all done ourselves! We added backsplash and repainted the ugly oak cabinets. We were soon happy with how it turned out! Here's a before and after:


During


After


Also, School started incredibly early this year (we're talking the last week of July- Happy Birthday to me!) The good news though, is that we have an INCREDIBLY team this year. First grade teachers rock.



August

We celebrated Ryan's birthday by going zip lining in North Georgia! How cool of an experience!


September

This lady and I took a weekend trip to North Georgia to Ellijay. Her parents have a cabin, so we spent the weekend kayaking, drinking wine, and celebrating upcoming Fall!





October

The month of October is so much fun! There are so many festivals to go to around our town! That's how we spent our month of October!

Here's Chalk-toberfest:


and here's Owl-O-Ween:




November

We added a new fur baby this month!


December

This month was filled with all kinds of holiday activities and traditions!

Holiday parties with the best work pal anyone could ever have!


Top similar here

Christmas cards and my Countdown to Christmas: Random Acts of Kindness Calendar. If you missed that post, you can read more about that here.



That was my 2016!

Cheers to 2017 being EVEN MORE exciting, and making memories to last a lifetime!

To follow my day-to-day, make sure to follow me on Instagram, as not everything makes it to my blog posts!

XO,
Leslie

4 comments:

  1. Wow such a busy year! Love the remodel! Paris and London have me all 😍😍😍!! I'd love to visit! Here's to 2017 being a great year! I know you will get the motivation to nail your workout goals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a lot of work but totally worth it! Wishing you the best New Years!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an amazing year! I love the new car and zip lining is so much fun! Hope your 2017 can top your 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I have a feeling 2017 will be WONDERFUL! Cheers to you!

      Delete