Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!

I'm sure many of you are preparing for Thanksgiving tomorrow, but thanks for swinging by today!

I want to make two dishes to bring tomorrow, so I'll be spending the greater part of the day figuring that out. Any suggestions are WELCOME!

Well, the last Wednesday of the month is dedicated to What's Up Wednesday and I'll be linking up with Shay, Mel and Sheaffer to talk about what's up!


I will be answering these questions along with the bonus this month: What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?


What we're eating this week

Yikes. I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but we've been eating out a whole lot lately. I've been so busy with work and grad school, that I just haven't had time to plan meals or anything like that. I'll jump back on that wagon next month for sure!

What I'm reminiscing about

I'm reminiscing about all of the fall festivals that we attended the past few months. I've been planning Christmas/Winter activities, so I'm feeling nostalgic about all of the fun things that we've done the past few weeks. Here is a look into some highlights:

Ponce City 


Owl-O-Ween Hot Air Balloon Festival 


Cabbagetown Chili Cookoff



What I'm loving

I'm loving the cooler weather! Also, I'm REALLY loving all of the holiday decor when I walk into a store! You know those pretty holiday figures that they attach to light poles? I have all the feels when I see them!


What we've been up to

Nothing unusual. Just work and grad school mostly!


What I'm dreading

I'm not dreading one single thing! The holidays are upon us, and nothing can put a damper on my holiday spirit!


What I'm working on

Hm...I'm working to create some logos for my blog. I love to include graphics and pictures, so I'm trying to improve in that area.

What I'm excited about

One of my besties and I are planning a trip for Me, Ryan, her and her boyfriend this Winter. We're planning a ski/snowboarding trip in North Carolina. If you have any suggestions, those are highly welcomed.


What I'm watching/ reading

I just finished this book tonight. It was SO, SO, SO good! In a Dark, Dark Wood was very mysterious and keep me engaged every single page. I was dying to finish to find out what happened! I'll be doing my book review tomorrow, so stay tuned for more detail on this one.


What I'm listening to

There is nothing but Christmas music coming from my speakers! I have my Pandora station set on Today's Christmas Radio, and it doesn't budge.



What I'm wearing

Many of you liked this outfit from my Day in the Life post this week. I'll post some links from where everything is from!




What I'm doing this weekend

I know this is boring, but we haven't made any plans yet. I typically wait until Thursday or Friday to figure out weekend plans.


What I'm looking forward to next month

Next month is Christmas! I'm looking forward to all of the holiday activities that we have planned. We just enjoy being around each other and family during the holidays. Thinking about hot chocolate, Christmas movies, shopping, and wrapping gifts is a DREAM. I'm so happy that it's all ahead of me! 


What else is new

Many of you have already seen this, but we added a new fur baby to the family. We always rescue our pets, so it feels good to give them  a nice home! This is Todd:



What is my favorite Thanksgiving tradition?

My favorite tradition is to go around the table to say what we're thankful for. Of course the food is great, but gathering your family around the table and giving thanks for the thing that we have, is amazing. 

Thanks for joining me today. May your stress for Thanksgiving preparation be  minimal! Enjoy your families, and have an amazing lunch/dinner!

If you have time tomorrow, I'll have a short post about this weeks book, In a Dark, Dark Wood!

XO,
Leslie



8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Random question- My husband and I are both teachers, and he's currently taking Calculus 3 before applying for grad school. Do you have any suggestions in regards to studying for the GRE and any suggestions for balancing grad school work with being a full time teacher and spouse? Any advice is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! My graduate degree will be in Education with a major in reading Instruction. I'm not sure what school/program he'll be in but my school didn't require me to take the GRE, luckily! They just based admission on my undergraduate GPA. It is very difficult balancing the coursework with also teaching, but it's manageable. I should also mention that the university I'm doing it through, offers 100% of the coursework online! As long as you stay on top of assignments and not wait until the last minute, it's definitely doable! I could not imagine having to show up to a class. I don't think I would be getting a masters if that were the case. Good luck and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I read In a Dark, Dark Wood recently too and loved it! It definitely kept me on my toes to figure out who did what?! Love your outfit too :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I was very pleased with the book. It's been a while since I read a book so engaging!

      Delete
  3. Can't get enough of the Christmas music!! And I love hearing what everyone is thankful for too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! It's the BEST! Any favorite artists?

      Delete
  4. We've been terrible about eating out too much lately! My whole fam is looking forward to all the home cooked food over the next couple of days! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...that kitten is SO cute!! I have to admit I'm not much of a cat person but I looooove me some kittens! Random, but that balloon festival looks amazing.

    That's one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions too. We do the same thing, and always have since we were little! It's what the holiday is about : ) Hope you have a great one with your family!

    ReplyDelete