Thursday, November 3, 2016

Weekly Book Review

Hi everyone and Happy Thursday!

Did anyone catch game 7 last night? Congrats Cub fans! I'm dragging this morning because I really shouldn't have stayed up until midnight to watch.

Anywho.

I absolutely love to read and want to make a goal for myself to read one book each week. It's so hard for me to set aside time to relax with a good book, but when I do, it's my happy place. 

I started off strong this week with Paris for One by Jojo Moyes.


Don't judge me on my chipped nail polish. :)

Nell is a twenty-six year old, who has never traveled away from her home in England. When she plans a Paris getaway with her boyfriend and he doesn't show, she's has the chance to prove her friends and family wrong about her non-adventurous lifestyle. What will she do with her opportunity in the City of Lights?

This book is an interesting one and not like any others that I've read. It was one relatively longer story, and several very short and unrelated ones. I was impressed with the Paris for One story in this book, as it was super romantic and emcompased everything that makes Paris beautiful.  The other stories are very short and sweet. In some of them, I felt myself wanting to know more though. 

If you're looking for a super easy and romantic read, I would definitely recommend this one! 

Next week I'm diving into a book recommended to me by Shay Shull over at Mix and Match Mama. I've never read any of Elin Hilderbrand's books, but I'm excited to start with Barefoot.



Any other ideas for me to add to my list? What have you read lately that you were super impressed with?

XO,
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Good to know. I read Jojo's Me Before You and I want to read After You. I will check this one out too. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After You was amazing! I would even say that I liked it BETTER than the first!

      Delete