Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekend Recap

It's Monday again folks, and were all thinking the same thing. Where did the weekend go? This is me this morning.


I don't know about you all, but this drastic transition into fall kind of has me motivated! It's super nice to know that I'm not going to step outside and immediately start to sweat. It won't last long in Georgia though. We have approximately 7 months in the heat from hell, and about 4 months of bitter cold. That leaves only about 3-4 weeks of beautiful Fall weather. Going to enjoy it while it's here!

I was super excited about our plans for this weekend!

On Friday we met up with an old work friend of Ryan's. It was nice and I got to enjoy some great Mexican food, but also drown my sorrows from the week in a rather large margarita. Conference week can be tough, y'all.

Saturday we had plans to go to our town's Owl-O-Ween Hot Air Balloon Festival! I had never been before, but I had high hopes that it would be our best festival yet. Oh boy did it deliver!


This festival was so big and well put together that it never felt super overcrowded, even though there were thousands of people there. It was spread out between three college sports fields and had so many things to see and do. Here is a picture from the top of the stadium. So many cool vendors!


Here's a view from on the field. There were probably 20 or so hot air balloons throughout the entire festival. I never realized how big those things actually are.


So cool!



Sweet friends enjoying the fall weather and the amazing shows!




They had bands playing throughout the night, and eventually ended with a costume runway show. It was AMAZING. The emcee really hilarious and made it so much fun to watch.


Stage and tethered hot air balloon rides.


Fire spinners and floating violinists. What more could you ask for?

If you live in the Atlanta area, you MUST put the Owl-O-Ween Festival on your calendar for next year. I know that I'll be coming back!

That was our weekend! Sunday was spent relaxing and getting things done around the house. 


See you all tomorrow to give you my StitchFix review for this month.

XO,
Leslie




2 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you had a great weekend. We have a hot air balloon festival here every year and it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! I'm certainly committed to going each year now!

      Delete