Thursday, October 13, 2016

Kitchen Update

This post has been a long time coming!

In my first attempt to create a blog about a year ago, I posted about wanting to renovate our kitchen. Well, the time has come and this past summer I was finally able to carry out that plan. In an attempt to save money, I decided to take on the cabinet refacing on my own. I cannot tell you how nervous I was in the thought that I could potentially ruin the cabinets. That would be an expensive lesson to learn!

 I had several pictures of inspiration and an overall idea that I wanted to brighten the kitchen. I knew I wanted to paint the cabinets white, but the shade of white was a harder decision. Through a lot of research of shades and also paint quality, I decided to go with Benjamin Moore White Dove.

Here are some of my inspiration pictures:




The whole process took about 2 full weeks. I am a teacher, so we're off in the summer and I was fortunate to have a lot of extra time dedicated to the project. People always ask if I would go back and do it again, and I tell them that it was SO worth it but such a pain in the ass! Our kitchen is on the smaller side, so I could definitely not imagine what it would have been like with more cabinets and drawers! 

Despite the exhausting experience, I was 100% pleased with how it turned out!

Let me know what you think! 

Before


After



Thanks for looking! See you all tomorrow for Friday Favorites! I have some great things to share!

XO,
Leslie






No comments:

Post a Comment